The call for abstracts from members and for student grants for the 19th Symposium of the International Society for Contact Lens Research to be held August 14-18,2017 at the Skamania Lodge in Stevenson, Washington, USA is now open.
Member Abstracts: Members are encouraged to review the 19th ISCLR Scientific Sessions Agenda. Please identify the session in which you would like your presentation to be delivered. Member abstracts not accepted by session moderators will be presented as posters. The member abstract submission form is here.
Student Grants: Grants to support student attendance at the meeting are awarded based on competitive scientific abstract submission. Students with chosen abstracts will be expected to present a poster and to deliver a verbal presentation of their work in the student session. Some of the students with successful abstracts may also be asked to present in one of the other meeting sessions. The student abstract form contains further details about grant applications and is here. If a student abstract is not successful, there is now an option for it to be automatically submitted on behalf of a member if they are a co-author.
Please ensure we get the best student presentations by circulating the student form to people who you think might be appropriate. Moderator contact information is available in the Members Only section of the ISCLR website. The abstract submission deadlines are:
- Student grants March 10th
- Member abstracts April 1st
To submit all abstracts send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Scientific meeting schedule
Conference day 1: Minimising infection and inflammation
- Session 1: Compliance in infection and inflammation
- Session 2: Maintaining a healthy ocular surface
- Session 3: Triggers for infection and inflammation
- Session 4: Solving infection and inflammation
Conference day 2: Improving comfort
- Session 5: The lid wiper
- Session 6: Ocular determinants of comfort
- Session 7: Lens and solution determinants of comfort
- Session 8: Are inflammation and discomfort related?
Conference day 3: Optimising vision; new opportunities
- Session 9: Refractive error challenges
- Session 10: Vision and optics
- Session 11: Drug delivery and innovative lenses
- Session 12: The future for contact lenses